The earliest Hebrew text has just been discovered as you can read about here. The text comes from the time of King David in the tenth century BC. It has not been completely translated but it seems to have the word for ‘king.’ It will be interesting to see what this means for the minimalist position that discounts the early history of Israel including the reigns of David and Solomon. One correction from the story: it meantions the kingdom of Judea. It is possibly from Judah or the unified kingdom of Israel but ‘Judea’ did not exist until almost a thousand years after this text.
Books by Stephen J. Bedard
What I am Reading (You can purchase any of these by clicking on the covers)
Stephen Bedard on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Eric Conner on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Emerson on The Historical Jesus and the R… biblelad on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Robby Hall on Things John Shelby Spong Think…
- Three Reasons Why Rick Warren is a Heretic
- Mere Apologetics
- Who is the Father of Jesus Christ?
- Things John Shelby Spong Thinks He Knows About the Gospel of John
- Starbucks, Same-Sex Marriage and Getting Facts Straight
- Josephus, John the Baptist and the Historical Jesus
- Top Ten Problems With the Jesus Myth Theory
- Exposing the Spirit of the Age: A Response to the Zeitgeist Movie
- The Historical Jesus and the Raglan Scale
- Responding to the Gabriel Stone
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Randal Rauser reviews "Holy War in the Bible": randalrauser.com/2013/06/holy-w… fb.me/Soflw7eJ 3 hours ago
- Job opening in philosophy at VU Amsterdam: prosblogion.ektopos.com/archives/2013/… fb.me/2ckGp2vqv 15 hours ago
- Call for papers for Ontario/Quebec regional meeting of ETS in Sept. 2013:... fb.me/A8cp0rQi 1 day ago
- Michael Peppard tears into David Brooks and the NYT for a biblical error:... fb.me/MZRDpKji 1 day ago
- Gene Cook's lecture series on presuppositional apologetics:... fb.me/2mXLCOXib 1 day ago