One of the most important areas for study is that of canon. Why do we have the books in the New Testament that we do? Who picked them? Are they a late invention? Most of the radical attacks on historical Christianity touch on issues of canon in some way. Brian Auten at Apologetics315 provides links to some lectures on can by Michael Kruger. These are well worth listening to and will help you to understand the issues in a fresh way. You can find the lectures here. If you are interested in more on the canon, you might want to check out this book by Michael Kruger.
Books by Stephen J. Bedard
What I am Reading (You can purchase any of these by clicking on the covers)
Stephen Bedard on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Eric Conner on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Emerson on The Historical Jesus and the R… biblelad on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Robby Hall on Things John Shelby Spong Think…
- Three Reasons Why Rick Warren is a Heretic
- Who is the Father of Jesus Christ?
- Starbucks, Same-Sex Marriage and Getting Facts Straight
- Things John Shelby Spong Thinks He Knows About the Gospel of John
- Josephus, John the Baptist and the Historical Jesus
- Responding to the Gabriel Stone
- Top Ten Problems With the Jesus Myth Theory
- The Difference Between Buddha and Jesus
- The Historical Jesus and the Raglan Scale
- Bad History and the Historical Jesus
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Job opening in philosophy at VU Amsterdam: prosblogion.ektopos.com/archives/2013/… fb.me/2ckGp2vqv 4 hours ago
- Call for papers for Ontario/Quebec regional meeting of ETS in Sept. 2013:... fb.me/A8cp0rQi 13 hours ago
- Michael Peppard tears into David Brooks and the NYT for a biblical error:... fb.me/MZRDpKji 17 hours ago
- Gene Cook's lecture series on presuppositional apologetics:... fb.me/2mXLCOXib 22 hours ago
- Descendant of Darwin is a Roman Catholic apologist:... fb.me/2ggqPBJmW 1 day ago