I have been taking my congregations through Paul’s letter to the Galatians. The commentary that I have been using as my primary tool is Galatians by Richard Longenecker from the Word Biblical Commentary series. Longenecker was my New Testament professor during my M.Div. days at McMaster Divinity College. This is a very helpful commentary for any study on this important book of the New Testament. Longenecker interacts with much of the scholarship regarding the relevant issues. Longenecker’s use of rabbinic traditions is both a strength and a weakness. It is interesting to see what the rabbis were saying about the issues that the Galatians were dealing with. But sometimes it is easy forget that these traditions, at least in their written form, are much later than the New Testament. Still, this would be a good addition to any biblical library.
Books by Stephen J. Bedard
What I am Reading (You can purchase any of these by clicking on the covers)
Stephen Bedard on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Eric Conner on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Emerson on The Historical Jesus and the R… biblelad on Things John Shelby Spong Think… Robby Hall on Things John Shelby Spong Think…
- Three Reasons Why Rick Warren is a Heretic
- Mere Apologetics
- Who is the Father of Jesus Christ?
- Things John Shelby Spong Thinks He Knows About the Gospel of John
- Starbucks, Same-Sex Marriage and Getting Facts Straight
- Josephus, John the Baptist and the Historical Jesus
- Top Ten Problems With the Jesus Myth Theory
- Exposing the Spirit of the Age: A Response to the Zeitgeist Movie
- The Difference Between Buddha and Jesus
- The Historical Jesus and the Raglan Scale
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Randal Rauser reviews "Holy War in the Bible": randalrauser.com/2013/06/holy-w… fb.me/Soflw7eJ 4 hours ago
- Job opening in philosophy at VU Amsterdam: prosblogion.ektopos.com/archives/2013/… fb.me/2ckGp2vqv 17 hours ago
- Call for papers for Ontario/Quebec regional meeting of ETS in Sept. 2013:... fb.me/A8cp0rQi 1 day ago
- Michael Peppard tears into David Brooks and the NYT for a biblical error:... fb.me/MZRDpKji 1 day ago
- Gene Cook's lecture series on presuppositional apologetics:... fb.me/2mXLCOXib 1 day ago